1) Wash and clean the white cabbage. Cut it all thinly.
2) Place the cut cabbage in a pan. Completely cover it with water.
3) Add sugar, juniper berries, and salt to taste. At low heat, bring it to a boild, then cover the pan with its lid.
4) The cabbage has to become very tender by the end of its cooking time, therefore add water accordingly while cooking.
5) When the cabbage is tender and the water is almost fully absorbed/evaporated, add the apple vinegar. Continue cooking. One you have your Sauerkraut ready, you can take care of the rest of the sandwich.
6) Slice the Cooked Salami. Cut the loaves of bread in halves and gently toast the inner parts of each halves, on a hot griddle.
7) Lay on the bread your Sauerkraut and Cooked Salami slices. Serve this delicious sandwich while still warm.